1. Place your policy file into the /var/cfengine/masterfiles directory, then update the promises.cf file accordingly.
2. When policy changes are entered into /var/cfengine/masterfiles, the client will pull them to /var/cfengine/inputs directory.
3. On the client the cf-execd will start cf-agent process at regular intervals.
4. Once cf-agent is spawned by the client, it will check the /var/cfengine/masterfiles/policy.cf on the policy server
to check if there are any updates,if no updates then it will execute the client policies and will exit.
5. If there are any changes, then the client will put them change to /var/cfengine/inputs directory.